This year I decided to use a design which I found online.
I am not the greatest at freehand with pumpkin carving.
In fact I still struggle when trying to copy a design =)
So this year Andrew came up with a genius idea!
- Find a design you like for your pumpkin (I would recommend google as it comes up with lots of different images). Pinterest may work if you have a specific one you have seen in mind.
- Enlarge the image on your computer (May need to download and zoom in)
- Take a piece of paper and gently trace the lines on the screen with a pencil (DO NOT push too hard!). A laptop may be easier for this as you can lie it flat and then trace.
- Take the paper and transfer the pattern to your pumpkin using a pin. Make dots along the lines onto the pumpkin. (I did mine pretty close together)
- Remove paper when finished and you are ready to carve!
Hope that helps!
Enjoy your pumpkins!